KNOWLEDGE PARK WILL BE A SUCCESS IF:
Knowledge Park grows as a desirable destination for visitors, including visitors to its sports tourism and cultural destinations.
1. Market the Rock Hill Sports & Event Center as a multi-purpose facility to attract athletic and arts events, concerts, conferences and other activities which will draw state, regional, national and international visitors to Knowledge Park.
2. Increase Knowledge Park connectivity efforts and businesses which will provide for visitors to include transportation, parking, infrastructure, a bus system, hotel shuttles, a pedestrian bridge, wayfinding signage and walking tours.
3. Work with partners to pursue and support projects and program development to share Rock Hill’s diverse history and culture including an African American cultural center, Catawba Indian culture, textile and automobile history, Vernon Grant and Come-See-Me history and Historic White Home initiatives.
4. Facilitate and collaborate partnerships to support and develop projects and programs to showcase visual and performing arts and to further arts and design education to include a performing arts center, art exhibitions and workshops, artists’ studios, photography, a pottery center/retail, programs and services of the Arts Council of York County, music concerts, theater, literary arts (poetry, fiction competition), the film industry (UnderExposed Film Festival YC), and more.
5. Partner with the Rock Hill/York County Convention and Visitors Bureau to develop and implement a tourism marketing plan for Knowledge Park.